Friday, October 30, 2009

Abandon Desperate Pleas

A family member emailed us today saying that he felt abandoned by everyone and everything. He said he has no family, no friends, no neighbors, no priests, no one and nothing that he can turn to. He wrote to say that he can find no hope, no faith, and no charity. He is angry and hurt over many situations that are out of his control.
I don't know if I did the right thing but I wrote back to him and said:
Back off. Abandon desperate pleas and give total control to God and be at peace.

In his email he told us he didn't want anyone to preach to him. I told him that I thought he had two choices and only two choices. One was to continue to stagnate in the pit he was in, and the other was to reach out to the Only One Who can lift him up out of that pit.
I told him that wasn't preaching, it was fact.


Trust in the Lord with all your heart; and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths. ~ Proverbs 3: 5-6


"No God. No peace.
Know God. Know Peace." ~ Anonymous

4 comments:

  1. I remember reading once that a discouraged person isn't a failure until he begins to blame others, because when blaming others one gives up their power to change. I guess the family member is beyond taking advice and your personal help has reached it's limit, the only thing left is for that family member to use his own power to change his circumstances with help from God. We can't change others, only ourselves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Wanda. Actually a lot of other family members responded to him and really unloaded on him! And today we all got an 'apology' email and he said his previous email was a cry of despair.
    I do feel very bad for him and his family, they are suffering through some very tragic things, but he is always spouting nonsense things about how his family suffers more than anyone else in the world! People just can't take him anymore.
    And seriously, some of my family members have suffered really sad, horrible things in their lives, it's just ludicrous for him to compare.
    It's sad because some of them are not willing to forgive him this time. He's kind of pushed everyone over the edge.

    I like what you wrote here, Wanda.
    And I've enjoyed all your quotes. I copy them into my prayer journal too.
    Thanks for all your input. I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's obviously some "history" here. And since you know it, and because I see the love and loyalty you have to others, I imagine that your advice was offered in a loving spirit. In the end, that IS true. He DOES need to open himself to the love and mercy of God - after all, that's what we ALL need. Mercy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my first time on this blog. You will not believe it, but I never noticed it before. I always instinctively went to Umma's World...

    I like the way you share your heart here. You are a deep well, Eileen.

    You were right in what your wrote this family family member. He didn't want anyone to preach at him probably because he wants to stay in the rut. And I admire your courage to write him a second email. I hope and pray that he will take your words seriously and begin to head his life in a new direction.

    Love
    Lidj

    ReplyDelete