Friday, October 9, 2009

Pleaful Prayers

I came across a blog the other night that was full of so many heart-wrenching, pleaful prayers. So many people in need, so many devastated hearts.
This is just a sample:

"...I'm far away from God..."

"...I am exhausted..."

"...Please pray for my son..."

"...please pray for my daughter..."

"...please pray for my baby..."

"...in a coma..."

"...x-rays..."

"...cancer..."

"...I've been accused..."

"...can you pray for me?"

"...Dear Lord, he doesn't want me anymore..."

"...walls are crushing down on me and there is nowhere to turn..."

It was a collection of sadness, and despair, and desperation.


God Is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. ~ Psalm 46:1

I read on another blog that we should pray for those whom the Lord puts on our hearts. I like the idea of that, of not only praying for those who request our prayers, but to pray for anyone who might pop into our head throughout our day. Or anyone who might touch our hearts as we read about their trials. I hope to make their pleaful prayers my own.


"If we truly love people, we will desire for them for more than it is within our power to give them, and this will lead us to prayer." ~ Richard Foster

2 comments:

  1. Prayer does give comfort...even to people that don't classify their actions as praying...but just their reaching out in their time of need often leads them to prayer...


    The only power that God will yield to is that of prayer. - Leonard Ravenhill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great quote, Wanda!
    I love the idea of prayer being the greatest power.

    Thanks for being such a good friend, Wanda.

    ReplyDelete