Friday, November 6, 2009

Saddened, Confused, Burdened

Whenever I hear of these senseless, violent acts of hatred I feel very much saddened, confused, and burdened.
My mind, my heart, and my prayers are with the victims of Fort Hood, Texas and their families.
There have been too many senseless, violent acts of hatred in this world. And I've had enough of senseless violent acts of hatred to last me a lifetime. Unfortunately, I doubt I've witnessed my last.
It's an unsafe world we live in, and it makes me sad for our children and our grandchildren.


In Peace I will lie down and sleep, for You alone, O Lord, will keep me safe. ~ Psalm 4:8


"God Incarnate is the end of fear; and the heart that realizes that He is in the midst, that takes heed to the assurance of His Loving Presence, will be quiet in the midst of alarm." ~ F.B. Meyer

3 comments:

  1. I think the way you titled this post pretty well sums up MY heart, too. I believe God has placed us in our homes and family to be diligent in prayer for our children and grandchildren. Their futures are in God's hands -- as are ours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Rebecca, I guess it's irrational to feel so disheartened because I do believe in the Power of Prayer, and I do believe that everything is in God's Hands.
    It's my old fight within myself with the feeling that everything should be working out to my satisfaction and on my timeline on one hand, and then stepping back and leaving everything to God on the other hand, it's the trust issue that is always my downfall.
    And I never like when the answer to my prayer is 'no'!
    Trust in God and acceptance of His Will are always at odds with my constant questioning.
    I wonder if I'll ever change.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eileen, I just saw this post...I feel the way you do...very saddened, very burdened, and I feel very angry. There will be more to come...scripture tells us of a time that will be unbearable, much worse than we have experience. It also tells us that those that love the Lord need not fear...He will protect us, or He will deliver us into His arms. What keeps me from completely losing it is knowing that God's plan includes the evil in this world rising to heights only God can deal with, and deal with it He will...in His time. We must continue to trust Him, to find our joy in Jesus, and to tell the world of the sacrifice of the Lamb of God, so that they may also have eternal life as we will have it. Wonderful post, Eileen...its normal for us, as Christians, to be appalled at this evil...I hope it wakes us up, and takes all of us to our knees in prayer for forgiveness and for protection.

    Blessings, dear Eileen!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete