Tuesday, February 9, 2010

God's Way

The fourth Anniversary of my Mom's passing is coming up in a few days. I'm not in a good place about it. I go through good spells and bad spells, there are times when I am very accepting, times when it all feels so right. But these past few weeks nothing feels right about it for me.

So I try reminding myself that my will for my Mom did not mesh with God's Will for my Mom. And I remind myself that God's Wisdom is Perfect.

Some days these beliefs are what carry me through.

"For My Thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My Ways", declares the Lord.

"As the Heavens are higher than the earth, so are My Ways higher than your ways, and My Thoughts than your thoughts." ~ Isaiah 55:8-9


"For death begins with life's first breath. And life begins at touch of death." ~ John Oxenham

1 comment:

  1. I know how you feel Eileen, my mom's birthday is on the 14th and though she has been gone since 1995 I still miss her so very much and some times are worse than others.

    She was ready to go home when God took her, I wasn't ready to let her go....I still needed her. Mothers are so special.

    Will be sending prayers up for you dear friend, and I know God and the Saints will be watching over you........:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete