Sunday, February 21, 2010

Blessed Assurance

Lent is a time to reflect on the fulfillment of God's Promise to the world. For me Christmas was just the beginning, and it is Christ's Passion that brings us to the realization of God's Promise and His great love and desire for us.


Christmas is such a happy time, but Lent, for me, is a much more emotional time, it's humbling, it's awe-inspiring, it's sorrowful, and it's joyful all at the same time. But mostly it is overwhelming to think we are loved that much. Jesus Suffered and Died for us, and God Loved us enough to allow that to happen. It is what my Faith is based on.

Take up the shield of Faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. ~ Ephesians 6:16


"Faith is a living, daring confidence in God's Grace, so sure and certain that a man could stake his life on it a thousand times." ~ Martin Luther

1 comment:

  1. I love the Lenten season Eileen. It isn't even about giving something up to as much as it is preparing for Easter Sunday....having a pure soul to receive the Eucharist on this beautiful day. I find if I say the Apostle's Creed every day and truly believe by Faith everything it says, and by rejecting Satan then I will have a good Lent......this is a very special time for me to reflect, confess, accept and just be still and know God. I absolutely love these forty days of the year and all that they mean.....Love you....Hugs

    ReplyDelete