Thursday, December 17, 2009

Quiet Presence

I think that God has been a Quiet Presence in my life. And I think I have been a very loud and very aggressive presence in my life.
I think it's time those roles were reversed.
I think there is a lot to be said for quiet. To me quiet means stillness and calm.

I found a nice blog maintained by Irish Jesuits in Dublin called Sacred Space. They have Bible readings each day and a prayer a day.
This was today's prayer:

Dear Jesus, as I call on You today I realize that I often come asking for favors.
Today I'd like to be in Your Presence,
May my heart respond to Your Love. Amen.


And another prayer blog I found had a challenge:

Take five minutes in a quiet place, think only of Jesus, listen to Him to hear the Voice of the Father. What would your life be like if you could do this all the time? How would it change you? Your relationships? Your walk with the Living God of the Bible?


You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart. ~ Jeremiah 29:13


"The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely, or unhappy, is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quiet, alone with the heavens, nature, and God." ~ Anne Frank




2 comments:

  1. I am at my most spiritual centered self Eileen, when alone with nature, on my walks in the woods. My favorite words are silent and listen...they share the exact same letters.

    Prayer is speaking to God, whereas meditation is listening to God...Elsie Sechrist

    Have a joyful Christmas with your family Eileen!

    Love.....Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a relaxing post, I love visiting you here as you are always in a quiet, thoughtful frame of mind. Would love to visit the site you have found in Dublin, I am sure I would enjoy it.
    Hugs to Jayden and Mia.....:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete