Thursday, January 14, 2010

Keep The Faith

I think it's normal to question life sometimes, normal to question why evil is allowed to perpetrate, normal to ask the age-old question of why bad things happen to good people.
I don't know the answer to any of those questions, I only know that I am striving to no longer base my opinions on only what I am able to see.

Be still, and know that I Am God;... ~ Psalm 46:10



"Whenever anything disagreeable or displeasing happens to you, remember Christ crucified and be silent." ~ St. John of the Cross

5 comments:

  1. Eileen, so many things happen in mysterious ways and somehow I feel that is the way it is suppose to be, what we don't understand we choose to accept by faith.....Life is good and God is good........:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's me again. MB told me you had a couple of other blogs you write... and I just checked out your last post on this one... and you won't believe it. Psalm 46:10 was the verse I claimed for myself during my battle against breast cancer. I didn't just recite it... I can honestly say that I "felt" it. When I wasn't feeling so good or would feel my heart start to fill with fear, I would just completely shut out all other noise and be completely still... and let the presence of the great I AM calm my heart and soul. I found great peace in the year of 2005 just because of 8 simple, yet very powerful words.

    Thank you for reminding me.

    Hugs,
    Penny Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. That last quote helps me put a period on the end of difficult sentences.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your new blog! Keep blogging for Jesus!!!!!!! :-*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Waiting for more "seeds", dear one.

    ReplyDelete