Thursday, January 28, 2010

Giving Up Control

A person may plan his or her whole life journey thinking that the control belongs to them, but sometimes God has other plans. I think it's fine to make plans, and in fact I think it would be irresponsible to live life without making plans, but we have to remind ourselves that we are not the authors of our lives, and when things don't go 'according to plan', or rather they don't go according to our plan, well, then we have to turn our lives over to the Author of Life.


To man belongs the plans of the heart, but from the Lord comes the reply of the tongue. ~ Proverbs 16:1


"It is God's knowledge of me, His careful husbanding of the ground of my being, His constant Presence in the garden of my little life that guarantees my joy." ~ W. Phillip Keller

2 comments:

  1. As the saying goes Eileen, if want to make God laugh tell him what your plans are.
    He is the author of our story, and I am so happy that he is. Makes me feel safe and secure knowing his promised outcome....Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO true (and as you know, I am practicing relinquishing control - CHEERFULLY)!

    ReplyDelete