Monday, November 23, 2009

Reminding Myself To Be Thankful For The Simple Things In Life

This Thanksgiving I am reminded of the most simple things in life that really are such special Blessings. And along with that I am trying to simplify my life.
I've worked in a classroom of Kindergarten children a few years back, and the joy they found in tackling the simplest of tasks, or the excitement that was generated from the simple things found out in the schoolyard (a rock, a puddle, bugs, etc.) was so contagious, and now I see that same joy and excitement in my grandchildren as they discover this wonderful world God made.
And the blind faith these children have in God and in those they love is always inspiring.
I'm trying to capture that spirit of simple joy and blind faith.

And Jesus called a little child to Him, and set him in the midst of them.
And said, "Verily I say unto you, except ye be converted and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of Heaven." ~ Matthew 18:2-3

I love the simple prayers of children and one of my most favorites is one my children were taught in their early years at school and that they recited before eating:

God Is Great
God Is Good
Let us thank Him for our food. Amen.

And one I've been saying lately to Jayden each morning as he leaves for school is:

May the Lord watch between me and thee while we are absent one from another.

(I can't credit the authors because I haven't been able to find them in my search. If anyone knows I'd appreciate you leaving the name in your comment!)

A Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving to all!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Eileen for your kind consideration...in my mail today I received the most beautiful card for Thanksgiving!

    Have a wonderful and joyous Thanksgiving with your family!

    Love,
    Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eileen, how did I miss all of your blogs? Another heartfelt one and I know you are thankful for all and everyone in your life. You are a beautiful lady in every way.....:-) big hugs to Jayden and Mia.....:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete