Sunday, September 27, 2009

Contentment

This is something my husband and I have been discussing lately. We are always thankful for our Blessings, but it also seems we are frequently looking to acquire/do/expect/work for more. We've been talking about trying to simplify our lives, enjoy the here and now, and live a life satisfied with the status quo.

I have learned in whatever state I am to be content. ~ Philippians 4:11


"Happiness consists not in having much,
but in being content with little." ~ Marguerite Gardiner

3 comments:

  1. "Contentment is not the fulfillment of what you want, but the realization of how much you already have...
    Contentment makes poor men rich; discontentment makes rich men poor...
    Benjamin Franklin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wanda, you always have the perfect saying! Thank you! I love this one too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Eileen, its a nice way to start the day isn't it? Thanks so much for all your input in yesterdays post. xx

    ReplyDelete